In 2009 my brother worked in Suzhou for eight months. My parents and I visited him when that eight months was coming to a close. We spent ten days exploring Suzhou and Beijing – it was incredible.
Sadly most of my hundreds of photos of China were lost so my highlights and a few blurry shots will have to suffice.
– The Great Wall of China
– A visit to a Ming Vase factory
– The incredible heat (heat lovers rejoice)
– Relaxed visits to Chinese teashops
– The Forbidden City
– The ‘Bird’s Nest’ Olympic Stadium
– The terrible food poisoning I had the day we travelled between Suzhou and Beijing
– Learning more than I needed to know about Bonsai trees